Welcome to the website of Rayleigh, Castle Point & District branch of Cats Protection. We cover the areas of Canvey Island, Benfleet, Thundersley, Hadleigh, Rayleigh, Hockley, Hullbridge and Hawkwell.
Our Branch is run entirely by volunteers and in 2013 we re-homed 372 cats and kittens from this area, as well as providing advice and practical assistance to people.
As a Branch, we:
- Respond to telephone calls and emails from members of the public
- Foster cats that have come into our care until they can be rehomed, meeting Cats Protection's veterinary standards for neutering, vaccinating and micro-chipping all cats within the Branch's care
- Operate a lost and found register to reunite missing cats with their owners
- Arrange for veterinary care (such as dental treatments) to cats as necessary whilst we try to find new homes for them.
- Try to find homes for cats whose owners have become ill or died, moved house, can no longer afford to keep them or have been evicted from their homes or physically abandoned them
- Encourage responsible cat ownership and neutering via Cats Protection's neutering voucher scheme
- Take part in a wide variety of fundraising activities, including outdoor events and indoor sales, fundraising quiz and meal nights and Craft and Gift Fairs
We always need volunteers - to foster a cat, or to help fund-raise, to transport and collect donated items for sale, or to take and collect cats to and from the vets. And of course, we are ALWAYS looking for homes for the cats and kittens we take in.
In fact, please contact any of our volunteers if you would like to help us - we'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please take the time to read our website and we hope you enjoy it. We update it regularly so please don't forget to bookmark us too!